My little peanut keeps growing & growing. I failed to post a real 12 months post last month but here were her stats at her 1 year checkup:
Weight - 17 lbs. 13 oz. (7th percentile)
Height - 28" (25th percentile)
And that's why I call her my peanut!
Here's what she's doing right now:
- She loves to "read". Sometimes she'll bring me a book & crawl into my lap (if I'm on the floor, that is). Or she'll sit or stand with the book & speak some unknown baby language.
- The words she says that we actually understand are hi, bye, Da (for Daddy), Momma (though this is rare), baby, & night-night. She's also trying to say things like ball, dog, milk, & belly but they don't always come out right. I adore her sweet little voice.
- She's taken 1 or 2 steps at a time on her own but that's it. She'll stand on her own for a good long time & you can tell she's thinking about it. But she knows she can get around faster by crawling. Why mess with a good thing? So for now her walking is holding onto something or while pushing her ride-along car.
- She loves her babydoll! It is so precious to watch her hug & pat her baby & just say "baby" over & over again. And, no, she is not singing Justin Beiber's song.
- Her sleep habits are still inconsistent. They change from week to week. Currently she's waking up at least once each night & never at the same time each night. I can usually just give her the pacifier, lay her back down (if she's sitting up) & she's fine.
- She's 100% weaned as of last week. This was very sad for me & I worried how she would adjust to the change. She actually did much better than I expected.
- Still a good eater. This morning she had pancakes (her favorite) & just devoured them.
- I've been working with her on being able to identify parts of her body. Currently she can show me her teeth, head, belly, & feet. Yeah, very random.