Wednesday, February 23, 2011

13 Months Old

My little peanut keeps growing & growing.  I failed to post a real 12 months post last month but here were her stats at her 1 year checkup:

Weight - 17 lbs. 13 oz. (7th percentile)
Height - 28" (25th percentile)

And that's why I call her my peanut!

Here's what she's doing right now:

- She loves to "read".  Sometimes she'll bring me a book & crawl into my lap (if I'm on the floor, that is).  Or she'll sit or stand with the book & speak some unknown baby language. 

- The words she says that we actually understand are hi, bye, Da (for Daddy), Momma (though this is rare), baby, & night-night.  She's also trying to say things like ball, dog, milk, & belly but they don't always come out right.  I adore her sweet little voice.

- She's taken 1 or 2 steps at a time on her own but that's it.  She'll stand on her own for a good long time & you can tell she's thinking about it.  But she knows she can get around faster by crawling.  Why mess with a good thing?  So for now her walking is holding onto something or while pushing her ride-along car.

- She loves her babydoll!  It is so precious to watch her hug & pat her baby & just say "baby" over & over again.  And, no, she is not singing Justin Beiber's song.

- Her sleep habits are still inconsistent.  They change from week to week.  Currently she's waking up at least once each night & never at the same time each night.  I can usually just give her the pacifier, lay her back down (if she's sitting up) & she's fine. 

- She's 100% weaned as of last week.  This was very sad for me & I worried how she would adjust to the change.  She actually did much better than I expected.

- Still a good eater.  This morning she had pancakes (her favorite) & just devoured them. 

- I've been working with her on being able to identify parts of her body.  Currently she can show me her teeth, head, belly, & feet.  Yeah, very random.

Some days I can see a toddler.  But I'm thankful for the times when she shows me that she's still a baby. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, She's so adorable! What a precious gift...

    And Ian's sleep was super-inconsistent just like what you're describing. He finally started sleeping through the night when we took away his pacifier (I think at about 18 months). Liam, on the other hand, has slept through the night consistently since he was less than a year old. I guess it's just a matter of each child being different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Glad that you cleared that up about her NOT singing Justin Bieber! So funny... I joke with Patrick saying soon Sophia is going to be one of those crazy girls! He says, "I don't think so!"

    ReplyDelete