Once again, I'm late posting an update on Shaylin. I think I'll save the next one when she turns 18 months.
- Shaylin's vocabulary continues to improve. Other than the words she was saying last month, she also says ball, duck, hi, hey, bye or bye-bye, Minnie, Elmo, baby, & book. Best of all, she's saying momma finally! And she says it a lot! It might get annoying in the future but right now I can't imagine it would considering how long I've been waiting to hear it. And this would be longer than just 15 months.
- She walks like a pro. She tries to run but it's a short distance & then she falls. She also does this cute little stomping action.
- Her dancing skills are improving. She still does her booty bounce but also sways side to side or twists.
- She knows the sounds that a dog, cat, & duck make.
- She recently rediscovered her bouncy seat & loves to just lay in it or she'll get on her knees & bounce in it.
- Sleep is wonderful now. I think we finally made it! She takes one nap a day, going down by 1:30 or 2:00 & sleeps at least 2 1/2 hours but sometimes as much as 3 hours. Bedtime is at 8:00 & she sleeps till at least 8am.
- At her 15 month checkup on Monday Shaylin weighed exactly 20 lbs. & was 30" tall. Her height is still in the 50th percentile & her weight has bumped her back up to the 10th percentile.
- We recently switched her to a convertible carseat & installed it front-facing, mostly because we had difficulty making it feel secure while rear-facing. However, I am considering trying the rear-facing again if we can get it to work. This will be for a future post.