Saturday, April 2, 2011

Early Potty Training?

The other night while giving Shaylin a bath she was standing (she stands more than sits in the tub) & she started grunting.  I know that grunt.  I know what comes with it.

In Shaylin's 14 months of life so far she's only pooped in the tub twice.  The second time was definitely the funny one because she was sharing a bath with her friend Piper.  It made a quick end of their bath time fun.

Back to Thursday night . . . I had to act fast.  Jeremy was at work so I was on my own.  So I picked Shaylin out of the tub & sat her on the toilet.  She wasn't real sure what I was doing.  I just told her to go ahead & do it.  And sure enough she did!  My 14 month old pooped in the toilet!

Yes, I know it's normally a gross topic but this is always an exciting time for every parent, right?

I was just so excited that my idea worked.  Does this mean I'll explore early potty training now?  I don't know about that.  But it does get me hopeful that when we do start potty training that Shaylin will catch on quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment