Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Paula Deen's Chicken Divan

I made this tonight & we all liked it a lot.  Apparently it's a good freezer meal, too.

You can see the original recipe here but I'm going to post how I did it.  You can decide what works for you.

1 bag frozen chopped broccoli (14 oz.)
3 chicken breasts (or more if you have them; I only had 3)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream (At this moment I realize I forgot to include this ingredient!  Ooops!)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 T lemon juice
1 t curry powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine (I didn't have this so I used a few sprinkles of white wine vinegar; not the same)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 T butter

Cook broccoli as directed on package.  Drain & put in large bowl. 
Cook chicken (I boiled mine).  Shred & put with broccoli.
In separate bowl, mix soup, mayo, sour cream, cheddar, lemon juice, curry, salt & pepper, & white wine.  Mix well & pour on chicken broccoli mixture.  Mix well & pour in baking dish.  I think mine is 9x13 or something like that. 
Mix parmesan cheese & bread crumbs in small bowl & then sprinkle on top.  Dot with butter. (I omitted the butter, ya know, to be healthy & all.  I think I'll use it next time.).
Cook at 350 degreese for 30 minutes.

This doesn't exactly look pretty.  Even Jeremy's first comment about it was "This looks interesting."  He enjoys all these new recipes I throw at him.  But we all ended up liking it a lot.  I'll definitely make it again but actually follow the recipe a little more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment