Sunday, October 17, 2010

Needing Motivation

It's been 2 weeks since I ran a marathon.  Since then I've run a total of 3 1/2 miles.  That's really lame after doing 20+ miles in one week.  Or 20 miles in one day!

Granted, the first week I was recovering & was best to not run.  I also caught a stomach bug that week & lacked the energy.

But this past week I ran 3 miles on Monday & then a measly half mile on Thursday.  I delayed that run all because of a mesquito bite on my heel.  I had the same thing happen during my training but I sucked it up & ran because I was training for a marathon.  But now that there's no marathon, I find it easier to make excuses.  This is not good.

So other than my goal of running a 5k under 30 minutes I'm going to try to find a 5k or 10k in the next month or so that I can work towards.  I may even write out a training plan just so I feel like it's something I have to do.

I just know I have to find some kind of motivation.  Burning calories so I can eat my Ben & Jerry's Cinanmon Bun ice cream with less guilt just isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment