Tuesday, October 26, 2010

9 Month Checkup

Weight - 15 lbs. 8 oz (3rd-10th percentile)
Height - 28" (50th percentile)
Head Circumference - 17 1/2" (50th percentile)

The doctor was a little concerned about her weight since this had her gaining only about 1 1/2 pounds since her 6 month checkup.  I was surprised too.  She's been gaining about a pound a month so I assumed she would have been around 17 pounds.  We discussed her eating routine & I told him how she's gone from 5 nursing sessions a day to 4 since she's eating solids 3x/day.  So he suggested we go back to 5 a day & use solids as just "extra".  So I'm going to try that.  But part of me wonders how much of it is just because she's mobile now.  Babies typically burn off baby fat when they crawl or walk & she may have burned off the little bit of fat she had on her.  I can't imagine that she's been hungry.  I'm sure she would have told me.

Other than her weight, she's perfect.  Developmentally she's on track.  She had to get one shot, Polio.  She didn't cry at all.  We also had to have her tested for lead poisoning.  Not that she's been eating paint chips.  But in the questionnaire it asked if we live in a house built before 1978 & this house was built in 1955.  So they pricked her toe & squeezed blood out.  It took a long time but Shaylin just sat in my lap & watched.  Never cried at all.  I was so proud of her.

We won't be doing any weight checks till her 1 year checkup.  If she isn't back on track with her weigh gain then we'll look into it more.  I'm not too concerned about it now though.  I'm petite so it's not surprising that my daughter would be petite, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment