Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Etiquette Lesson - Repost

Over 2 years ago I wrote a blog post on my old blog about what to say & not to say to someone who's gone through a miscarriage.  I thought I'd repost that today. 

You can read that post here

Here's something else to consider.  If someone is going through a difficulty, don't ask if there's something you can do.  Just do something.  Most people can't come up with something on the spot or they don't want to ask for anything feeling they'd be putting them out.  Maybe mow their grass or bring over dinner.  Offer to drive their kids to school.  Those are just some ideas but the point is to just take care of them.  My associate pastor often quotes a verse (which I fail to know the reference at the moment) but in one translation it reads "Outdo one another in kindness".  What a great verse to live by!

No comments:

Post a Comment