Thursday, December 23, 2010

11 Months Old

The fact that Shaylin is now 11 months old means, to me, that she's only 1 month away from turning 1 year old.  But I won't focus on that right now.

- Shaylin has stood for about 2 seconds without holding onto anything. 

- She's cruising even more.  She'll do circles around the coffee table.

- She's clearly said "mama" & "da" & occasionally says "bye-bye".

- Her wave is the cutest ever!

- I finally found a food she doesn't like: real oatmeal.  I thought I'd try switching her to real oatmeal since I eat it a lot & I could just make a little bit larger batch.  It was the first time to see her actually push food away.  I even tried mixing strawberry jelly in it to give it a sweeter flavor without using brown sugar.  No go.

- I've let Shaylin have a taste of cow's milk.  Weaning starts when she turns 1 so I'll be replacing nursing sessions with milk in a sippy cup.  I wanted to at least let her try it out & be sure she doesn't have a reaction to it.  So far, so good.

- Shaylin loves kids!  She gets so excited when she sees the kids at church.  She'll be able to spend time with some of her cousins next week & I'm excited to see how she'll interact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment