Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bada Bing Pork Chops

Ok, I didn't come up with this recipe title.  It does deserve a better name though.  I made these pork chops this week & thought it was a great & simple marinade.  Best of all it called for stuff I already had in the refrigerator, particularly the applesauce.  I absolutely loathe the stuff & Shaylin hasn't cared much for it either.  Jeremy likes applesauce but wasn't eating it so this was a great way to use some of it up.

6 bone-in pork chops (I'm sure the boneless ones would work, too)
1 cup Italian dressing
1/2 cup applesauce (mine was a cinnamon applesauce)
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
juice from 1 lime

Mix ingredients (minus pork chops, of course) together in a bowl.  Pour over pork chops in a sealable container & be sure all are covered with the marinade.  Refrigerate overnight.  Grill them the next day.

Again, super easy & quick to prepare.  Jeremy didn't think his chop had a ton of flavor but I'm thinking he got one that wasn't covered well enough in the marinade.  The one I ate was great!  Shaylin even liked it & ate an entire pork chop to herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment